Lambeth Made Training & Support
Lambeth’s Safeguarding Children Board offers training free of charge to all partner agencies and non-profit organisations in Lambeth. Courses are added throughout the year.
The Children & Young People’s Health Partnership provides training and education that closes gaps between health and non-health professionals and families in order to improve outcomes
The Early Help Community Offer offers practitioners support to assess and plan interventions and to review progress. They can provide advice, guidance and support in managing risk, linking to key services, training and skills development. They can also offer access to local clinical supervision groups as well as to parenting classes and free childcare.
Opportunities and events
Lambeth Made keeps you up to date with the latest news on all that’s going on for children and young people in Lambeth.
To find out about the latest events, keep up with new opportunities or stay on top of the latest developments, follow us on social media, sign up to the Lambeth Made Newsletter or bookmark this page.
Creating your own Lambeth Made project
Are you a local group or small organisation with a great idea that will benefit children and young people? Lambeth Made can help you plan and run a project which will make a huge difference to your community
- Make it happen — know what you want to do and exactly who will benefit and how much it will cost
- Make it meaningful — develop a plan, set up a timeline, be clear on what you want to achieve and how you will know you’ve done it
- Make it last — make it sustainable, involve the community, protect the environment and secure long-term funds
- Make it count — be ready to prove how it works, why it works and how it can be improved
- Make it Lambeth Made — join our network, use our logo and promote your project via our newsletter, website, Twitter and Facebook
Download our unique Project Builder Toolkit which is packed full of tips and resources on how to successfully turn your great idea into a funded reality.
Apply for ‘Community Levy’ Funding
Lambeth Made provides small grants of up to £10,000 to youth organisations and partnerships seeking to secure their future and become more self-sufficient and resilient.
Private developers operating in Lambeth contribute towards a ‘Community Levy’ fund to support local causes. Supporting young people is one of their top priorities. The funds are administered by Lambeth Made and Young Lambeth Coop and are granted every quarter.
The Early Help Community Offer
The Lambeth Made Early Help Community Offer aims to bring together local services, schools and community organisations to help local children, young people and families with ‘emerging need’ at the earliest opportunity.
- Through a network of support, all partners receive:
- Help to work with struggling families and children.
- Free training and clinical supervision
- Free resources including a comprehensive ‘Early Help Tool Kit’
- Fast track access to a local Early Help team for higher need cases
- Access to a wide range of local services and helpful contacts.
- Access to the Locality Action Panel – where you can discuss complex and make referrals within a helpful multi-agency partnership meeting.
Adverse Childhood Experiences
Lambeth Made has been promoting an understanding of ACEs and childhood trauma and the effects these can have on later life.
We have already held screenings of the film ‘Resilience’, supported conferences with high profile speakers and delivered specific training to social workers and school safeguarding leads.
If you are a practitioner working with young people watch this space for our next training opportunity.
Watch our video, get ‘ACE informed’ and get involved in Lambeth’s most exciting discussion about how to work with children.
Join your local Early Help network to receive advice, guidance, training and support.
Sign up for the essential guide to what’s going on in Lambeth for Children & Young People.